Monday, April 27, 2015

D&C 121:7-8 My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes.


I was reading in chapter 122 of the Doctrine and Covenants, t his is what we call the "if" section. This is when Joseph Smith is in Liberty Jail, and I love it! It talks all about enduring to the end! How can we endure well? What is the opposite of enduring? Standing still, or hanging in there! I was reading the talk "Stay by the Tree" (thanks Madee) and he talks about how we can endure things well. IF we endure well then we shall be exalted on high, but it is all dependent on IF WE ENDURE WELL. I love reading about the saints, we watched the Restoration video 3 times this week with different people! They went through soo much! There are comforting words given to Joseph Smith in  D&C 122:8 he says "The Son of Man hath descended below them all. Art thou greater than he?" I love that. How comforting to know that Christ went through all we did, so we don't have to be alone! Art we greater than he? No. And how can we use the Atonement more fully in our life? In sacrament they talked about the young ruler who comes before Christ and asks, "What lack i yet?" I love that story. What do we lack? What more can we do to become better instruments in God's hands? 

Anyways, this week we have seen miracles galore! We had the chance to start teaching Megan and Ashby, they are 9 & 8 and want to be baptized so bad! Sister Gilardi is their aunt and their parents are both less active, but want them to learn if they want. They are just darling little girls, it was a challenge since we aren't used to teaching kids, we had to teach much more simply, which is good because the simple things in the gospel are amazing! We gave them a Book of Mormon each and they just sat looking and flipping the pages!! Ashby said I love these pages! They were both so excited! We are hoping to set a date for baptism with them next week! Chang-Ping is doing really well as well! We are trying to get him to go with the ward to the temple trip in a couple weeks, to just go walk outside the temple grounds! He is so solid, he knows that baptism is a big commitment and won't get baptized till he is fully committed! Louise came to church yesterday and one of the first thing she said was okay sisters don't be mad, but that ensign you gave me...well I gave it away. So we asked to who? And she went on to tell us that this girl across from her at the hospital used to investigate the church and wants to again, and that she would love to read the Ensign so Louise was like oh, the sisters and I will come visit you later. So sweet right? Louise is so awesome! She asked the RS Pres. to come to her house with us tuesday...We were like SWEET, she is finding her own joint teaches! Also this less active yesterday at church was telling me that he has been reading but not praying and I was next to Louise I said You have to keep praying and reading, and Louise said yea! If I can do it so can you! Haha, so she is doing really well! We got to take Abby to the park, it was a beautiful day! We sat in the shade and tossed the ball with her! I even got a tan line from my shoes! #crazytanlines We also dropped by the Mackies! They all sat and listened and we explained the Plan of Salvation! They were like oh we have to get baptized to live with God. YES! Then Sister Mackie's fiance was like..oh I was thinking I want to learn more, and ya know maybe get baptized! SWEET! So this week has been absolutely amazing! 

I love you all so much! If you get a chance you should read "The Blueprints of Christ's Church" it's amazing! Keep being awesome! xoxo Sister Buhler

No comments:

Post a Comment