Tuesday, April 14, 2015

"Help thou my unbelief...."



So...this week I was reading in Mark (I've been trying to not neglect the Bible, since I love reading the Book of Mormon, I've found it harder to read from the Bible, but hey I'm trying) I love reading about the Savior.  He was so amazing! My favorite part of the book is chapter 5 and 9. It chapter 5 the women touches the hem of Christ, which is already an amazing story. Christ had soo much compassion on the people! I remind myself that Christ didn't teach the wealthy, or the people in fancy homes. He taught those that would listen! Right after, a young ruler of the synagogue says "thy daughter is dead. Why troublest thou the Master any further?" Christ turns to him and says "Be not afraid, only believe"  Only believe. How powerful are those words? As I read on I got to chapter 9 which is my favorite story from the New Testament. This is when the Father of the little boy who is possessed, the Father with such compassion asks Christ to heal his son. Christ turns to him and says "If thou canst believe, all things are made possible to him that believeth." With tears streaming down the Fathers says "Lord. I believe. Help thou mine unbelief." I can not imagine what it might have been like to watch Christ heal his son with such compassion! I love that story. The Father believes, but also admits, he needs help. Just like us. We need his help. We need to be those saying, Lord I believe, but I still need thee. 

This week has been amazing! We have been teaching Louise, and Chang-Ping, who both seem to be strengthening their testimonies! It's amazing to see the difference in their lives, and the joy that the gospel brings! Chang-Ping, is amazing! He has been praying, and has such a great desire to learn! Although his English isn't very good, it doesn't seem to be a huge problem. We have been able to have the Chinese Elders help us! He is so kind! He has been saying the closing prayer in our lessons in English! And he always says thank you for the sisters and for my good church friends. It's amazing the love that he has for all those around him! Hopefully we can go see his 240 chickens this week! 

Louise is doing good as well! She loved general conference and has been reading out of the Ensign and other church resources! She has a great desire to learn all she can, and she really tries her hardest! I love seeing her grow and find more peace in her life! 

We have been working with quite a bit of less-actives, and Sister Hobbs and I have found ourselves, more than frustrated at their non-committal to anything. So our new goal is to be "sweetly bold". The sisters serving in Kilmornick told a less active they couldn't go to the Celestial Kingdom if they didn't come to church! Hahhahah I don't know that I could say that! But we have been bold in inviting them to come back! 

Our dog-Abby got a cut in her foot, and we haven't been able to walk her:( She will probably be better not this week but next! Boy do we miss walking that dog!

Thank you for your letters, prayers, and emails! I love you and hope you have a great week!!

xoxox
Sister Buhler

No comments:

Post a Comment